- FREAK OF THE WEEK
- HAPPY FRIDAY
- 5W+1H = ARTIST INTERVIEWS
- INSIDE THOUGHTS OF NOW
- MULGAS ZOMBIE ZOO
- CREATURES OF THE NIGHT
- IMAGINARY FRIENDS
- BARKING MAD
- CREATURES FROM THE URBAN JUNGLE
- GODS AND MONSTERS
- ANCIENT RULERS OF BRITAIN
- 1 MINUTE CREATURES
- GETLIFFE – BUNNY STRIPS
- ARTIST SPOTLIGHT
- AROUND THE WORLD
- WHO’S THAT CREATURE?
- SOMETHING FOR THE WEEKEND
CREATURE EDITIONS (2006-09)
BROWSE THE ARCHIVES
Creature is inviting Illustrators to collaborate on an exciting new festival collaboration.
Deadline for expressions of interest: Fri 31st August
Deadline for final pieces: 7th September
Creature would love to hear from artists who love going to festivals, people inspired enough to create new artwork about their experience. We will then publish it in one lovely online edition of Creaturemag to celebrate the joys of festival culture.
We are offering A4 (portrait) or A3 landscape pages to artists to create images inspired by festivals. This is of course completely open to interpretation. There will be an emphasis on depicting the feral, wild side of festivals and the creatures and cultures that inhabit them.
We will mainly be covering Secret Garden Party and End of the Road Festival – the independent ones, the ones that are supporting the arts in all its forms, the ones with a DIY ethos at their heart. We have so far had submissions from artist keen to cover Hop Farm and Boom Town plus The Edinburgh Festival and the Alt Press Festival – Highlighting the diversity and idea of what a festival can be.
We are very open to more ideas for both festivals to cover and for features within the edition itself.
If you would like to get involved please answer the questions below, telling us a bit about yourself, what festivals you have been / are going to and how you would like to contribute. We will be in touch to talk to you in more detail. Alternatively just contact email@example.com.
There are a few criteria
- You must have visited at least one arts/ music festival this year (were talking about the festivals that celebrate and promote the arts and collaboration and involvement not the commercial monsters like V and Reading.)
- Images must be A4 portrait or A3 landscape
- Submissions must be original and created exclusively for this edition
- This is a voluntary project – no money involved.
- Final pieces will need to be completed by 7th September
- Full edition will be launched in mid September.
The publication will be released in digital magazine format via issuu.com
If you would like to get involved please fill out your info below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.