Alternative Press Festival 2012 – 4th – 5th August
The climax to the 2012 Alternative Press Festival, a 2 day alternative press fair ran over the 4th and 5th of August at Conway Hall, nr Holborn. Creature went down to check it out…. this is what we found.
It’s a treasure trove of DIY delights, a must for illustrators, zine lovers, comic enthusiasts, radical press readers and alike. Check out our 10 reasons to love the Alternative Press Festival and our photos to see what we’re on about.
10 reasons to love the Alternative press festival
1. They have zines
2. There is a publication to suit every taste
3. The place is full to the brim with pencil wielding, zine toting, comic geeks – and proud of it!
4. They had workshops on bookmaking, lino printing and ink drawing and loads more
5. They had poetry performances
6. Everyone is so friendly and willing to talk about their projects
7. It’s displays the diverse means artists adopt to promote their work and spread their message.
8. Jimi Gherkin is a legend and the entire Alt Press Team rock!
9. It’s a great source of inspiration
10. It’s a wonderful display of creativity and hard work both from the exhibitors and the Alt Press team.
This list could be 100 items long.
Some of creature’s highlights
This poster caught our eye, it’s by recent Kingston graduate Matthew Booker matthewbooker1.tumblr.com
We found a new daily drawer! Check out her work here: kathrynsdailydrawing.blogspot.co.uk
And so much more…